Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Matrix operations possess many properties. Let A, B and C be 3 matrices of the same size n x n, and d and e be 2 different real number scalars. Which of the following is NOT one of the properties?
2. The inverse of a matrix, if exists, is unique. The kind of matrix which has an inverse matrix is called?
3. The inverse of a matrix can be obtained by multiplying the reciprocal of the matrix's determinant with its?
4. If matrix A is invertible, then which of the followings is NOT true? (A^T is the transpose of A; a is any non-zero real number scalar; n is any positive integer)
5. The rank of a matrix A is denoted as rank (a), which is defined as?
6. Let AX = B be a linear system of m equations and n unknowns. Not all systems have a solution. A system that does not have a solution is in the form of? [rank (A/B) means rank (A|B)]
7. A square matrix A is called a symmetric matrix if its transpose is the same as the matrix itself, namely A^T = A. On the other hand, a skew-symmetrical matrix is the one that fits in which of the following equations?
8. An elementary matrix can be obtained by performing any one of the three operations on an identity matrix. Which of the followings is NOT one of them?
9. A matrix's row echelon form is ______; while its reduced row echelon form is ______.
10. We can "decompose" a matrix into 2 "simpler" matrices by using the LU-Decomposition method. This method comes in useful when solving the linear system of equations. LU as in LU-Decomposition stands for?
Source: Author Matthew_07
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.