Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the lungs, oxygen is absorbed into the blood. In which part of the lungs does this mainly happen?
2. What name is given to the maximum volume of air that can be breathed in or out of the lungs in one breath?
3. Many of the airways in the lungs have goblet cells in their walls. What do these do?
4. What muscular movements cause air to be drawn into the lungs?
5. Which blood vessels carry deoxygenated blood towards the lungs?
6. What is the function of surfactant in the lungs?
7. Some of the airways are reinforced by cartilage, and this helps to keep the airways open. Which airways are reinforced in this way?
8. What is the correct description of the epithelium of the alveoli?
9. Smokers may develop a condition known as emphysema. What is this?
10. Cystic fibrosis is an inherited lung disorder, where the sufferer is unable to transport ions across cell membranes. Which ions cannot be transported?
Source: Author jamesf
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.