Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Vocalization is not the only responsibility of the larynx. In which of these functions does the larynx also play a role?
2. What is contained within the larynx that enables human beings to vocalize?
3. The larynx is made up of three cartilaginous structures, the epiglottis, the cricoid and the what?
4. The cricoid cartilage is what shape?
5. Within the thyroid cartilage lie the vocal cords. They attach to which of the following cartilage?
6. The epiglottis bends down and rests on these horn-like cartilages to protect the airway during swallowing.
7. The thyroid cartilage is attached by the thyroid membrane to what bone located in the upper neck?
8. The musculature structures that make up the larynx include the vocal muscle, the lateral and posterior cricoarytenoid muscles, as well as the oblique and vertical of this muscle.
9. The vocal cords are actually this type of structure.
10. The trachea is the the upper portion of the airway. It is separated by the larynx from what?
Source: Author okieslp
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.