Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Born in Sweden, he is known as the "father of taxonomy". Who is he?
2. Over many years various biologists contributed to the field of taxonomy. This subject provided the basis for various other branches of Biology, ranging from Zoology to Ecology to Bio-geography. Scientists such as Robert Whittaker, Carolus Linnaeus and Ernst Haeckel divided organisms into five broad categories called kingdoms. Which of the following is NOT a kingdom according to Whittaker?
3. Which does NOT belong to the kingdom Protista?
4. Plants such as horse tails, ferns, marsilea belong to which division?
5. The word angiosperm is derived from two Greek words: "angio" and "sperma". What does one mean by the two?
6. Which one of the following is not a rule while writing the name of an organism, according to the principles of biological nomenclature?
7. Which of the following is not a characteristic of an organism belonging to the Phylum "Platyhelminthes"?
8. The sub-phylum Pisces comprises of organisms that are cold blooded, have two-chambered hearts, and respire through gills. Hence, this sub-phylum generally comprises of fishes. Pisces can be further divided into Osteichthyes and Chondricthyes. Which of the following is NOT one of the bases for classifying Pisces?
9. Do Hemichordates belong to the phylum Chordata?
10. Which of the following is not an echinoderm?
Source: Author rohan007
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor WesleyCrusher
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.