Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Saturn 5 rocket was used to launch the Columbia space shuttle.
2. Was America's Mercury capsule the first manned spacecraft?
3. In which location will you find an observatory housing giant telescopes named Keck 1 and 2?
4. In the world of radio antennas, what does the New-Mexico-based VLA stand for?
5. In 1984 the first MMU was used to allow an astronaut to travel in space, outside of the shuttle vehicle. What does MMU stand for?
6. Communication satellites were first launched in which decade?
7. This question is about a transporter of a scientific device. The Crawler Transporter first carried which of these space vehicles?
8. On which date was the space station Mir launched?
9. Which of the following pieces of equipment is NOT a part of the Voyager spacecraft?
10. When it first came into use, which of these places was home to NORAD, the North American Aerospace Defense Command?
Source: Author Gamemaster1967
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.