Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which former British sprinter competed in the Bobsleigh at Salt Lake City 2002?
2. How fast did Mark Lewis-Francis run in round 2 of the 2001 World Championships, only for it to be ruled ineligible for record purposes due to a faulty wind gauge?
3. What is the diameter of a shot putt circle?
4. When was the first year that electronic timing was used in the Olympic Games?
5. When Colin Jackson won his 4th European Indoor title (3rd at 110m hurdles) in 2002, he also held the World Indoor record. What was it?
6. Before Pawel Ciapiewski broke it in Vienna in 2002, who held the record for the European Indoor men's 800m?
7. How many Olympic silver medals has Frankie Fredericks won?
8. When Christian Malcolm broke his outdoor PB at 200m in Edmonton in 2001, how fast did he run?
9. When Dwain Chambers ran 9.97 for 100m in 1999 in Seville, how many British sprinters had previously legally run under 10 seconds at 100m?
10. At the end of the 2001 athletics season, where was Daley Thompson ranked on the all-time decathlon world rankings?
Source: Author bpickford
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.