Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Italian rider Tarquinio Provini has four Isle of Man TT wins to his name. With which team did he achieve the most of his wins?
2. The Northern Irish rider Joey Dunlop is one of most successful TT riders with a total of 26 wins, in the various classes. Which one of the years listed, is NOT one of his hat-trick years in the Isle of Man TT races?
3. Carl Fogerty, the four time World Superbike title holder, also had three wins on the Isle of Man TT. For how many years did his lap record stand before being broken by Jim Moodie in 1999?
4. Jimmy Guthrie won six Isle of Man TT races, from 1930 to 1937. Five of those races he won while riding a motorcycle manufactured by Norton. In which country did Jimmy Guthrie die while racing in 1937?
5. Mike Hailwood known as "Mike the Bike" won fourteen Isle of Man TT titles. He is also one of the few select racers to make the switch from two to four wheels. What is the name of the trophy that he was awarded, that has also been held by Richard Branson, Amy Johnson and Donald Campbell?
6. William Raymond Amm (born in Salisbury, Southern Rhodesia) won three Isle of Man TT races. What was the name of the team that he rode for during those wins?
7. Ten time winner Stanley Woods would bring the Boy Scouts a treat during the Isle of Man TT races. What treat would he give them?
8. Ian Hutchinson won 5 races in 2010 at the Isle of Man TT. Apart from the sidecar races there was one other race in which he didn't compete. What is this race called?
9. John Surtees was the first person to win World Championships on two and four wheels. Before he switched to Formula 1 in 1960 how many Isle of Man TT races did he win?
10. Dave Molyneux, a native from the Isle of Man, has won the TT races for sidecars fourteen times. In what year did Dave achieve his 1st win in the Isle of Man TT races?
Source: Author zonko
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.