Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the nickname of the first official team, set up in 1928, who ran at both Hyde Road and at Kirkmanshulme Lane?
2. Starting in 1948, this team was one of many to join the post-war leagues. They're most associated with purchasing Jason Crump for the 2007, have had over 340 different points-scoring riders and according to their website have beaten Coventry 56 times. What is their nickname?
3. This Elite League team are based in the East of England showground, and boast one of the UK's biggest tracks. They started in 1970 and are still running today.
4. Which team, based in Arlington, Sussex, was started in 1931 (making it one of the oldest teams running, and had colours of blue and yellow?
5. This team started in 1984, after their county went twelve years without speedway. The nickname was taken from one of the three teams that were replaced by this team, who have since changed their track name. What nickname is it?
6. This team's first track is now a football ground, however, in the 1950s they moved to their new home. When their track was concreted over to build a stock car ring, they simply built a track inside. What is the nickname of this long-standing team?
7. Like The Belle Vue Aces, this team were founded in 1928 in Brandon, and have been racing there ever since, better than their early team companions, the Aces, who had to move. What is their nickname?
8. Starting in April 1939, they raced in 1940 and half in 1941, when they were suspended for the war. Racing resumed in 1949 after track alterations. They have occasionally run two teams, one Elite League and one Conference League. One nickname has been associated with them all the way through. Which one is it?
9. This team moved up to the Elite League in 2006, dropping their 'Racers' nickname in favour of the answer. They started in 1968. Their first match was at a greyhound stadium, where they beat the Nelson Admirals. What is the nickname?
10. They have raced for over 59 years in the top leagues of speedway, and have raced at the same track, something no other team has managed to do. The first race was in 1949, but what is the nickname?
Source: Author Terri-Elf
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.