Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these Marvellous Michaels scored 197 against India in the second test of 2002, and followed it up by scoring 195 in the fourth test?
2. Although not an outstanding batsman at test level, this Michael earned his place in the England team for his outstanding captaincy. His greatest success came in 1981, when he returned as captain to help Ian Botham regain his confidence, and England regain the Ashes. Which of the Marvellous Michaels was he?
3. This Marvellous Michael played in 79 test matches and scored 10 test centuries. It took 54 innings at test level before he made the first century, though. Who was he?
4. Which Marvellous Michael played in 115 tests, scoring 7728 runs at an average of 37.69?
5. This great bowler is remembered for his match-winning performance in the fifth test against England in 1976. He took 8-92 in the first innings, followed by 6-57 in the second. Which West Indian Marvellous Michael is he?
6. This Australian Marvellous Michael is remembered as an excellent one day batsman. He played in 232 ODIs, scoring 6921 runs at an average of 53.58. He also scored six centuries in one day internationals. What was his name?
7. This cricketer was a very successful county player, scoring 26491 runs, but he only played in eight tests for England. His son was to become the England captain, but which Marvellous Michael was he?
8. This Marvellous Michael was famous for his habit of kissing his helmet when he completed a test century. He was a brilliant opening bat, who had a test batting average of 42.83. Who was he?
9. This great all-rounder only played in seven tests because of South Africa's sporting isolation, but in his first class career he scored 21936 runs and took 1417 wickets. Which of the Marvellous Michaels was he?
10. This England test player is remembered as a fast bowler. He represented England 30 times, taking 87 wickets. He was accurate and dependable, yet much under-rated. What was his name?
Source: Author Beckyel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.