Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. From 1956-60, which NHL team won an impressive five Stanley Cups in a row?
2. On January 18, 1958, the Boston Bruins would make NHL history when the first black player to play an NHL game would be teamed up on a line with Jerry Toppazzini and Don McKenney. What was his name?
3. Which of the following goaltenders played 34 games during the 1956-57 season, and then missed the rest of the season after suffering from mononucleosis?
4. Three future Hall of Fame Chicago Blackhawk players would make their NHL debuts from 1957-59. Bobby Hull and Glenn Hall were two of those players. Who was the third Hall of Famer to debut as a Blackhawk during this period?
5. Following the 1958-59 regular season, the Red Wings would fail to make the playoffs. How many straight playoff appearances did the Red Wings make prior to the 1958-59 season?
6. Jacques Plante would make NHL history by becoming the first goaltender to permanently wear a protective mask in 1959, after breaking his nose versus the New York Rangers. Nearly 30 years prior to this incident, what other NHL goaltender once wore a protective mask during a game, but quickly disposed of it because it obscured his vision on low shots?
7. In 1958, which of the following Hall of Fame coaches was signed by the Toronto Maple Leafs and would go on to win four Stanley Cups as their head coach during the 1960s?
8. The New York Rangers have a history of signing players with the same surnames as Presidents of the United States. They've had no less than 19 players in their history with the same surname as a U.S. President. One of these players was inducted into the NHL Hall of Fame in 1958. Who was this player?
9. After missing the 1958-59 playoffs by just one point, the New York Rangers still managed to produce a trophy winner in Andy Bathgate. What trophy did he win following the 1958-59 season?
10. Which of the following players scored a hat trick on January 4th, 1958, in his first game as a Boston Bruin and was a member of the "Uke Line"?
Source: Author apathy100
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.