Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Scotty Bowman won nearly 1250 NHL regular season games in a career which lasted from 1967-68 until 2001. With which team did Bowman begin his coaching career?
2. Punch Imlach won 402 NHL regular season games, most of them with the Toronto Maple Leafs. What was his first name?
3. The Edmonton Oilers won four Stanley Cup titles between 1984 and 1988. Who coached the Oilers during their glory years?
4. Al Arbour coached the New York Islanders to four consecutive Stanley Cup titles and won 782 regular season games. Arbour was also a player from 1953-54 to 1971. Which position did he play?
5. Toe Blake coached in the NHL from 1955-56 until 1968. Blake won 500 regular season games and captured eight Stanley Cup titles. Which team did he coach?
6. Pat Burns won 501 regular season games in an NHL career which spanned 14 seasons. With which team did Burns conclude his coaching career in 2004?
7. Which one of these NHL coaches did not win at least 300 regular season games? Hint: he spent his entire career with the Boston Bruins.
8. This man coached Detroit from 1927-28 until 1947, winning three Stanley Cup titles. The NHL Coach of the Year Trophy is named after him. Can you identify this Hall of Famer?
9. Emile Francis coached for the New York Rangers and the St. Louis Blues from 1965-66 until 1983, winning 388 regular season games. What was Francis' nickname?
10. During the 1941-42 season, who became the first NHL coach to attain the 300-victory plateau?
Source: Author mrgrouchy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.