Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the Red Sox manager for the 1979 season?
2. Bill "Spaceman" Lee was traded to the Expos in 1978. Who was he traded for?
3. In 1979, which three Red Sox players were voted in as All-Star American League starters?
4. In 1979, which of the following catchers caught more games for the Red Sox?
5. What number did Dennis Eckersley wear in the 1979 season?
6. Who started the 1979 season at first base for the Boston Red Sox?
7. George Scott was traded to the Kansas City Royals for who in 1979?
8. This Red Sox first baseman hit for the cycle on Septemebr 15, 1979. He became the first player to accomplish this feat in both the National League (for Houston Astros in 1977) and American League. Who was this?
9. The Red Sox in 1979 had an injury-plagued season, especially at second base, Jerry Remy started the season at second base, but can you name who finished the 1979 season as the everyday second baseman for the Boston Red Sox?
10. Bob Watson hit for the cycle in 1979. He came the from Houston Astros. Watson had a unique nickname for his bat. What was that name?
Source: Author connman30
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.