Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1971, which Red Sox player pitched a 1-7 season but came back the following year with a record of 15-6?
2. In the early 1970s, fans who sat in the centerfield bleachers avoided wearing light colors for one specific player. Who was that specific player?
3. In 1975, which Red Sox player won the Rookie of the Year award as well as the Most Valuable Player award?
4. Did the Red Sox win the World Series in 1975?
5. Who did the Red Sox play against in the World Series in 1975?
6. In what year did Jim Rice join the Red Sox?
7. In the eighth inning of game six of the 1975 World Series who tied the score with a three-run home run to make it 6-6?
8. Which Sox player hit the home run in the 12-inning to win game six of the series?
9. Who was the 1978 manager of the Red Sox?
10. At the end of the 1978 season, who were the Red Sox tied with for first place in the American League East Division?
11. In a one-game playoff in 1978, who hit the first home run of the game for the Sox giving them a two-run lead?
12. By September 12, 1979, Carl Yastrzemski reached which important milestone?
13. Who was the only Red Sox player to hit for the cycle in the 1970s?
14. Bill Lee pitched for most of his career in Boston. How many games did he win while pitching for the Sox?
15. What position did Bob Montgomery play for the Red Sox?
Source: Author lovbug536726
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.