Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Prior to arriving in St. Louis in 1960, in which city did the Cardinals play their home games?
2. The Cardinals first home game in St. Louis was a 35-14 loss to the New York Giants and took place at which stadium?
3. The Cardinals remained competitive throughout most of the 1960s, behind the arm of which Pro Bowl quarterback?
4. The Cardinals had a number of head coaches during their stay in St. Louis, but the arrival of which one in 1973 transformed the club into a playoff contender?
5. The Cardinals failed to progress in the playoffs in both 1974 and 1975, losing their opening game to which two teams?
6. A key player in the mid-1970s Cardinal team was which offensive tackle, who would later go on to have a successful TV broadcasting career?
7. After Coryell left St. Louis in 1978 to take over at the San Diego Chargers, the Cardinals fortunes slumped, before a brief revival in the early 1980s under which coach?
8. The Cardinals didn't make many appearances on Monday Night Football during their final years in St. Louis, but one notable exception was in 1983, when they were involved in a rare tied game with which NFC East rival?
9. Which quarterback drafted out of Portland State in 1981, did much to keep the Cardinals competitive during their last few seasons in St. Louis?
10. At the end of the 1987 season, the Cardinals relocated to Phoenix after which owner failed in his attempts to persuade the city of St. Louis to build him a new stadium?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.