Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This league is the found in the heirachy right below the NHL, and has teams such as the Hershey Bears, Rochester Americans, and the Providence Bruins.
2. Two levels below the NHL lies this league, with teams like the Wheeling Nailers, South Carolina Stingrays, and the Florida Everblades. Which league am I describing?
3. This league was formed in 2008 with predominantly Russian teams; it also has teams from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, and the Ukraine, among others. With an odd spelling, which league is it?
4. I'm watching a SM-liiga between Jokerit and KalPa. Which country's hockey league am I watching?
5. One alternative to the NHL is the Elitserien which is what country's top hockey league?
6. What is the name of the Czech Republic's top level hockey league, featuring Slavia Praha, Energie Karlovy Vary, and Kometa Brno?
7. Although, it doesn't get many headlines in the UK, the Elite Ice Hockey League is Britain's largest, with teams in all four Home Nations. Which of these teams, all with NHL nicknames, does not exist?
8. The Canadian Hockey League is the largest junior hockey league. The CHL is composed of three smaller leagues, the Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League, and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. The three league winners, plus the host city of the tournament, advance to play for which prestigious trophy?
9. The International Ice Hockey Federation hosts various tournaments throughout the year. Which tournament runs from the last week of December and into January?
10. Founded in 2007, which women's hockey league features the Montreal Stars and Boston Blades?
Source: Author George95
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.