Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Until the economic reforms were launched by the government in 1991, Indian television was restricted to the channels broadcast by the state. What is the name of the state owned national channel?
2. During the late 1980s, most of the television watching public was glued to the serialized versions of Indian epics that were telecast every weekend. Which of these Indian epics was televised during this period?
3. Shaktimaan was the first indigenous superhero to feature in a television show. What does Shakti translate to?
4. A number of foreign reality television shows have been remade in India with the first of these being "Kaun Benga Crorepati", the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?". Did Amitabh Bachchan host all the first 8 seasons of the show?
5. On the same day as "Kaun Banega Crorepati", another television show called "Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi" also made its debut. It went on to run for eight years and was the longest running show on Indian television with over 2300 episodes. Which genre did it fall under?
6. After the Indian audience began to tire of soap operas, a new set of shows based on real historical characters started to gain popularity. Which of the shows given below does not fall under this category?
7. "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin" was the story of a plain Jane who lands a job at a fashion house. Was the show inspired by the American series "Ugly Betty"?
8. Dance based reality shows are known to pull in high ratings and most of the entertainment channels air a show in this genre. Which one of these pairs up real life partners in the competition?
9. The British show "MasterChef" was brought to India in 2010. What was different about its fourth season?
10. In 2014, Zee Entertainment launched a new channel called Zindagi which would exclusively air content from other countries. In the initial months, the channel aired shows from which neighbouring country?
Source: Author zorba_scank
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.