Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. After completing twenty-six postures in my Bikram Yoga class, our Yogini, who speaks Hindi, says goodbye to us with the word "Namaste". From which country does my Yogini most likely come?
2. In one couplet within the lyrics of the song "Farewell, So Long", the words for "goodbye", "auf wiedersehen" and "adieu adieu" are sung. In which country is "auf wiedersehen" a way of saying a formal "goodbye"?
3. In which southern European country would the word "Adeus" be used as a formal word for goodbye?
4. In my international online bridge club, my favorite partner, Fisker, is from one of the Scandinavian countries. When we finish our game he writes on the chat line "Harde bra" to say goodbye. By the use of the expression "Harde bra", from which country is my friend Fisker?
5. From which country is "ciao" a more familiar form of goodbye?
6. In many Western/Cowboy movies, the expression "Adios Amigo" (goodbye friend) is heard. From which North American country is" Adios" a word for goodbye?
7. "Au revoir bonne" is "goodbye and all the best" in which country, whose capital is located on the Seine River?
8. This Lowland European country has three official languages; French, Dutch and German, with a modified or colloquial form of the Dutch language known as Flemish. In which country is "tot ziens" Flemish for "goodbye" spoken?
9. In Asian countries there are many different forms of goodbye. From which country is "Sayonara" a formal word for "goodbye"?
10. On which island is "a hui hou" a form of goodbye?
Source: Author Irishrosy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.