Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A taxi has dropped you off in front of the world famous Saint Basil's Cathedral in Red Square. The local taxi driver says "Goodbye comrade". How do you respond to him in his native language?
2. You find yourself standing before the world famous Taj Mahal. Someone says "Namaste" to you. Three of the four answers below can be a definition of this word. Which one is the odd one out?
3. While visiting the Eiffel Tower in Paris, I have many choices of how to say goodbye. Of the choices below which one translates as "until we meet again"?
4. In Rio de Janeiro your Brazilian friends take you to Corcovado to see this statue of Christ the Redeemer. At the end of the day you part ways. Which of these ways to say goodbye in Portuguese comes from the Italian ciao?
5. On a trip to China you go to see the Great Wall of China on a one day guided tour. When the day is over, how do you say goodbye to your guide in Chinese?
6. This is a picture of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. Auf Wiedersehen is a common, informal way to say goodbye to your German friends.
7. The picture is of the Matterhorn, which lies on the border between Italy and Switzerland. Switzerland has four official languages - German, Italian, French, and Romansh. Of the four choices below, which one would NOT be a way to say goodbye in Switzerland?
8. While in Istanbul you visit the Hagia Sophia. When you leave the native tour guide says to you, "Güle güle". In what language has he said goodbye to you?
9. This is Mount Fuji. Of the choices below, which one is a way to say goodbye in the local language?
10. This pyramid is found in Santa Cecilia Mexico. Of these four ways to say goodbye in Spanish, which one basically means "go with God"?
Source: Author tazman6619
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.