Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In France, how would the French greet each other in the morning?
2. Carly goes to Spain for the summer holidays but she does not speak Spanish. She hears someone says "buenas tardes" but does not know what it means. Can you translate for her?
3. "Ohayou gozaimasu" is the Japanese word for what specific greeting?
4. Aiden is spending Christmas holidays in Russia. He is trying to say merry Christmas in Russian and he says "S Novim Godom". What does it mean?
5. Next is the Bulgarian language. In season 2 episode 9 of "Vampire Diaries", we hear Klaus say "zdravei Katerina". What does "zdravei" mean?
6. Bahasa Malaysia is the official language of Malaysia. I know that "selamat pagi" means "good morning", but what does "selamat malam" mean?
7. Anastasia goes for a trip in Scandinavia. When she arrives in Norway, the hotel hostess tells her "velkommen". What does she say?
8. My neighbour is from Germany. Everytime he sees the kids in the garden, he says "guten tag die kinder" and everytime the kids believe that the guy is asking them if they want some kinder chocolates. Can you please tell me what "guten tag die kinder" actually means?
9. When you go to Hawaii, what is that expression that the Hawaiians say before giving the flower garland to drape around the neck?
10. My boyfriend is from Italy. Every morning he tells me "buongiorno cara mia". What does it mean?
Source: Author Hiyori
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.