Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Auslan, the primary sign language of Australia, uses signs from British, Irish, New Zealand and American sign language.
2. Bearing in mind Australia's heritage, for what does the 'B' stand in the acronym 'BANZSL'?
3. The first recorded 'signer' in Australia was John Carmichael, who was a deaf immigrant from which country?
4. Auslan was officially recognised as a LOTE language in 1981. In this context, for what does the acronym LOTE stand?
5. Choose the most correct statement: Auslan can be used by...
6. Though there were a number of earlier preliminary works, the production of the first official Auslan Dictionary helped to standardise signs. In what year was it first published?
7. In all Australian states and territories (except New South Wales and Queensland), what drink is signified in Auslan by forming a sideways "C" shape with pointer finger and thumb, and tilting it towards the mouth?
8. In what context is the smart phone application 'Smart Auslan' NOT used?
9. There is a Christian deaf fellowship in South East Queensland (Australia) that is called 'Signs'.
10. It's possible to purchase games in AUSLAN, including a version which of those listed?
Source: Author VegemiteKid
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.