Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is meant by: Qui cito dat, bis dat?
2. 'Latet anguis in herba'. This means?
3. 'Ubi bene, ibi patria.' Adapted from Cicero, Tusc. 5, 57. Means?
4. Fas est ab hoste doceri.
5. Amantium irae amoris integratio est.
6. Gutta cavat lapidem non vi, sed saepe cadendo. What makes holes in stone according to this quote ?
7. 'Mens agitat molem' is a quote from Virgil's De Aeneis. 6, 727. What does it mean?
8. What is meant by the label given to a book 'in usum delphini'?
9. What did Seneca the Younger mean in his seventh letter by the maxim: Docendo discimus?
10. 'Non scholae sed vitae discimus' is also a quotation from Seneca the Younger.(106th letter). What view on education does it express?
Source: Author flem-ish
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.