Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This president had a series of horses for pets, including ones named Butcher Boy, Cincinnati, Egypt, Jennie, Julia, Mary, and St. Louis. One he named, rather ironically, Jeff Davis. He was close to this one, as it was his mount during his previous job in the US Civil War. Which president is this?
2. This president had a series of dogs during his stint in the White House, none more famous than a Scottish Terrier named Fala. During a re-election campaign, Fala was lost near Alaska and the president did everything to find him, a task much more difficult in a non-cyber era. He also had a Great Dane named President, but you run out of names for your pets after your tenth year in office. Which president is this?
3. This president kept his pet list simple, getting a Portuguese Water Dog in his first term. His family decided to get a second dog of the same breed near the start of the second term he was elected. Bo and Sunny were the pets of which president?
4. This president owned several pets, mostly beagles. The most famous were two sibling dogs named Him and Her. The then vice-president got into some dubious press writings when he photographed picking Him up by the ears during a walk. Who was this president?
5. This president was the last to own cows on the White House grounds. Mooly Wooly and Pauline Wayne supplied the White House family with milk in his days in office. The collective presidential family didn't outweigh either of the cows, though some may imply this President may have outweighed them both by himself. Which president is this?
6. This president was partial to several breeds of hounds. A handful of Black and Tan Coonhounds and American Staghounds dot his tenure, but it's a Greyhound named Cornwallis that the president didn't actually "beat". Also found in the presidential residence was a parrot owned by his wife Martha. Who is this president?
7. This president had two main pets while in the White House. There was a dog named Grits that a teacher had given to them, but after some unruly behavior, the dog had to be removed from the White House. But the "First Daughter" Amy had a Siamese cat throughout their stay in the White House she named Misty Malarky Ying Yang. Which president is this?
8. This president and his wife owned a Springer Spaniel named Millie, who during her time as "First Pet", became a New York Times Best Seller author. She was also referred to in re-election campaigns, when the incumbent stated, "My dog Millie knows more about foreign affairs than these two bozos", referring to his competition. Which president owned Millie the wonder dog?
9. This president had a plethora of pet animals, everything from dogs, cats, macaws and rats, all the way up to hyenas, bears and badgers. But holding the reputation of being the most outdoors-iest of all the presidents, you would expect quite a menagerie. Who is this president?
10. This president had a series of four different breeds of dog leading up to his presidency, the most famous of which was a Cocker Spaniel named Checkers. This dog was one he had prior to his election as vice-president. Which president was this?
Source: Author Spaudrey
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.