Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In the context of this quiz, what do the letters AICM represent in Spanish?
2. Before Mexico City Airport received its new name, it was called "Aeropuerto Central", or "Central Airport". When did the airport change its name?
3. The "Torre de Control Mexico" (Mexico Control Tower) was inaugurated on November 24, in what year?
4. Customs and Immigration duties in Mexico's airports are divided between two agencies. While the SAT manages the customs component, which agency oversees immigration and is a foreign passenger's first point of contact upon arrival?
5. On May 30, 2003, the Mexican Federal Government announced that the Mexico City International Airport's terminal would be modernized and expanded. Its objective was to increase passenger capacity to how many?
6. In August 2004, the baggage claim room for national flights in the Mexico International Airport was expanded to 3750 square meters. What was its size before the expansion?
7. The Customs area in the Mexico City Airport was expanded in August 2004. True or false?
8. Mexico's Federal District has 16 boroughs. In which one would you find the airport?
9. What is the IATA code for the Mexico City International Airport?
10. When was the "Terminal 2" in the Mexico International Airport formally inaugurated?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.