Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The British and the Spanish had many colonies for centuries, but they did not have Angola. Which European country colonized Angola and ruled the nation until independence?
2. In Angola a small section of the population started talking about independence. In 1961, an armed conflict with black guerillas attacking both white and black people commenced. What is this war called in Portugal?
3. Angola had three different independence movements that later became political parties. Which of these movements was supported by the Soviet Union?
4. Which Angolan movement of independence was supported by the United States?
5. Which country's 1960 independence inspired the Angolan Movement of Independence?
6. When does Angola celebrate its independence?
7. Which other consequence did the independence of Angola bring?
8. In 1975, members from the three Angolan independence movements met with Portuguese government officials, and signed their independence. What was this agreement called?
9. In 1975, when independence was achieved, the UNITA movement said that Portugal's last colonial duty was to supervise elections. Did Portugal do so?
10. While the MPLA proclaimed themselves the government of Angola, the FNLA and UNITA joined forces and set an alternative government. The conflict in Angola continued, but as an extension of other major war happening in the World. Which war was this?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.