Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Chicago led the way in modern skyscraper design with the completion of what insurance company's new headquarters in 1885?
2. Which iconic Manhattan landmark, built in 1909, had a hotel open inside it in 2015?
3. Which building, originally named the Fuller Building because it housed the skyscraper-specialist Fuller Company's headquarters, was built in New York City in 1902?
4. From its completion in 1913 until 1930, which New York landmark was the tallest building in the world, measuring 792 feet tall?
5. In 1889, the first all-steel framed skyscraper was constructed in Chicago. Which company, best known for its travel maps, gave its name to this building?
6. The Tacoma Building, completed in 1889, was the first skyscraper to use what now-common fastener on its iron and steel framework?
7. The Equitable Life Building, completed in 1870, stood 130 feet tall and was the first to feature what amenity?
8. True or false. From 1895 until the early 1920s, Chicago's Masonic Temple was the tallest building in the city.
9. True or false. The neo-gothic Tribune Tower in Chicago was the result of a design competition hosted by the Chicago Tribune.
10. In 1898, the Call Building became the tallest building west of the Mississippi River. In which burgeoning California city is it found?
Source: Author AlexT781
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.