Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the candidate for the Republican Party in this election?
2. The Democratic Party split in the 1860 election. Who ran as presidential candidate for the Northern wing of the party?
3. You knew this was coming...who was selected as the candidate for the Southern wing of the Democratic party?
4. And now for the final member of our cast of candidates. What Senator from Tennessee was chosen as the candidate of the Constitutional Union Party?
5. Now on to the election itself. Needless to say, the Republican candidate won both the popular vote and the Electoral College. Which candidate received the second highest popular vote total?
6. The Constitutional Union Party carried a total of 3 states, all near the border of what would soon become the Confederacy. Which of these states was NOT carried by the Constitutional Union Party?
7. What proportion of the popular vote did Lincoln finally end up receiving?
8. The electoral college is quite different now than it was in 1860. Which State in 1860 gave the most electoral votes to the candidate who took it?
9. Who was the Vice Presidential Candidate on the winning Republican ticket?
10. What percentage of eligible voters cast their ballots in the election of 1860?
Source: Author kevinatilusa
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.