Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This aircraft was known as Rhino or Double Ugly.
2. This aircraft was known as Scooter or Heinemann's Hot-Rod on account of its nimbleness.
3. This Navy aircraft was called Hummer.
4. This workhorse is known as the Aluminum Cloud or Aluminum Overcast.
5. The ageless BUFF is still flying after 50 years. When the last Lancer is retired their crews will be picked up by this aircraft.
6. This aircraft is called the Lawn Dart or Electric Jet, soon to be replaced by the F-35.
7. Which of these is called the Plastic Bug, not to be confused with the MiG-29 Fulcrum?
8. This Navy aircraft has the peculiar nickname of Queer.
9. This aircraft doesn't look like one but got tagged with Hoover.
10. Underpowered when introduced, the Turkey was the mainstay of Fleet defense until replaced by the Hornet.
Source: Author Yankeesix
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.