Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. When was the United Nations set up?
2. How many countries were represented at the first session of the United Nations General Assembly?
3. Which institution of the UN is like a parliament of nations which meets to consider the world's most pressing problems?
4. Which institution carries out the day-to-day running of the UN?
5. The Security Council has 15 members, 5 of which are permanent members. Which of the following is not a permanent member?
6. What do the initials UNESCO stand for?
7. What is the name of the United Nations specialised agency which is committed to protecting children's rights and improving the health and education of young people?
8. In countries where there has been a war, the UN can send in soldiers to help prevent any more violence. What do we call these soldiers?
9. Who became the Secretary General of the UN on January 1st 1997?
10. What is the name of the document which sets out the main aims of the UN and the rights and obligations of each member state?
Source: Author fmcculloch
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.