Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On June 26, 1945, the UN charter was signed at which location?
2. Which of these European countries was NOT a founding member of the UN?
3. The UN consists of how many original principal organs which was established under the UN charter in 1945?
4. The Security Council consists of how many permanent members?
5. The International Court of Justice (ICJ) is established at which location?
6. The role of the UN Secretariat is to set the agenda for the deliberative and decision-making bodies of the UN. A diplomat from what country was officially appointed as the first UN Secretary General (UNSG) in 1946?
7. There are six official languages in the UN. Which of the following is one of them?
8. In 1950, the Security Council authorized the use of force under Chapter VII to defend which region?
9. In 1960, seventeen nations joined the UN from which region?
10. The Republic of China (ROC) was one of the original founding nations of the UN. In which year was the ROC formally voted out of the UN?
Source: Author sw11
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.