Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On what date was the United Nations formally established?
2. This was the second multi-nation organization established in the 20th century. What is the name of the first?
3. Who was the first secretary-general of the United Nations?
4. The security council consists of 15 seats, of which five are permanent. Which of these countries does not have a permanent seat?
5. The United Nations has its headquarters in New York City. It also has three main offices in other cities in the world. Can you name one?
6. Which of these countries was not an original member in 1945?
7. Which of these countries was an original member in 1945?
8. How many original member nations signed the charter of the United Nations back in 1945?
9. The United Nations issues its own postage stamps. True or False?
10. Child actress Shirley Temple was once a United States representative to the United Nations. True or False?
Source: Author jesseg
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.