Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following is not a permanent member of the Security Council?
2. How many members comprise the Security Council, not including the five permanent members?
3. Three of the main bodies of the UN are the General Assembly, Security Council, and the Economic and Social Council.
4. What does it mean to "table" a bill in the United Nations?
5. It does not matter if one of the permanent members of the Security Council vetos or votes against a bill, as long as the other members vote in the affirmative, the bill will pass.
6. Which US President gave the United Nations its name?
7. What date is United Nations Day?
8. In which city would you find the headquarters building of the United Nations?
9. In order to become a member state of the UN, a state must be recommended by which body?
10. Ok, now that you have a recommendation for membership from the Security Council, another council now has to review the application for membership. which council is this?
Source: Author sestovall
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.