Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first UN peacekeeping mission was authorized in 1948. Today (in 2006) it is also the longest running mission of the UN. With which conflict is it concerned?
2. In what year was UNIFIL established, to oversee the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Lebanon?
3. As of 2005, which continent was 'host' to the majority of ongoing UN peacekeeping missions?
4. Which of the following was NOT a European country with an ongoing UN peacekeeping mission in 2005?
5. After the end of the cold war, the number of UN peacekeeping missions increased significantly.
6. In which mission did UN troops NOT co-operate with at least one other regional peacekeeping organization?
7. Who authorizes UN peacekeeping missions?
8. As of February 2006, which country has suffered the most fatalities in UN peacekeeping missions?
9. How much did UN member states spend in total on peacekeeping operations between 1948 and 2005?
10. What are UN peacekeeping troops popularly called?
Source: Author vishvakarman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.