Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The prominent building on the left of the photograph became the world's tallest when it opened in 2004. On which island is it located?
2. The spectacular Kingdom Centre is notable for the inverted parabolic arch that dominates the upper third of the building. In which country can you shop here?
3. When it formally opened in 2013, which structure (pictured) became the tallest building in the European Union?
4. Opened in 1973, the 732-foot tall Carlton Centre (pictured) has been the tallest office building in Africa for more than 40 years. In which city is it located?
5. Opened in 1990, the BOC Tower (pictured lit at night) was the first building outside the U.S.A. to break the 1,000-foot barrier. Where is it located?
6. The 64-story Torre Gran Costanera (pictured), completed in 2014, the second-tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere and the tallest in Latin America, dominates the skyline of which South American capital?
7. At a height of 1,972 feet, the Abraj Al-Bait Towers is both the world's tallest hotel and tallest clock tower. Opened in 2012, in which Middle East city is it located?
8. The 984-foot tall Abeno Harukas skyscraper which opened in March 2014 became the tallest building in which country?
9. Dominating the pictured skyline, the 1,058-foot tall building known simply as "Q1" is the tallest residential building outside of the U.A.E. In which country can you live here?
10. The 56-story, 850-foot tall Commerzbank Tower (pictured) was the tallest building in Europe when it was completed in 1997. It dominates the skyline of which German city?
Source: Author EnglishJedi
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.