Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The city of Memphis, Tennessee, is located on the banks of which major river?
2. The Memphis metropolitan area includes, besides parts of Tennessee and Arkansas, a number of cities in the northern part of which other state?
3. Memphis was founded in 1819 and was named after an ancient city in which country?
4. What is the name of the famous street in Memphis that is regarded as the home of blues music?
5. The Lorraine Motel in Memphis became infamous as the site of the assassination of which famous person?
6. The University of Memphis was established in 1912 under its original name of West Tennessee Normal School. What has been the nickname of the university's sports teams since 1939?
7. Music fans are well catered for if they are visiting Memphis. Which famous recording studio, which is open to the public, is located on Union Avenue?
8. In 2001, Memphis gained a National Basketball Association franchise when the Grizzlies located there from which Canadian city?
9. Residents of the Peabody Hotel in Memphis can expect to see which creatures wandering about the lobby during their visit?
10. No trip to Memphis would be complete without a visit to Graceland, the home of the late rock and roll legend Elvis Presley. Which one of the following could you NOT see on a tour of the house and estate?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.