Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A contest was opened to all residents of Canada see who could create the 6 special coinage designs for the 1967 Canadian Centennial. The first prize was $2,500 dollars. Alex Colville was the winner. In the 1960s that was a sack full of money! Do you know where he was living at the time?
2. The 1967 Canadian Centennial one cent piece or penny, features this bird of peace.
3. What creature that Beatrix Potter would recognize is on the 1967 Canadian centennial five cent piece or nickel?
4. The salmon was almost on the 1967 Canadian Centennial 10 cent piece. What was on its final design?
5. The 1967 Canadian Centennial 25 cent piece or quarter ( 1/4 of a dollar) has a Moose on it. True or False?
6. What animal would you find howling at the night sky on the 1967 Canadian Centennial half dollar or fifty cent piece?
7. The largest coin in the 1967 Canadian centennial coin set was the one dollar coin. What was the bird on it?
8. The Royal Canadian Mint Centennial 20 dollar gold piece was the first 20 gold coin produced by Canada. What is featured on the reverse ( back) side?
9. The reigning monarch of the time is featured on the obverse (front) side of Canadian coins, and also on the Canadian Centennial coins. Who was this in 1967?
10. The centennial dollar is not a coin, I know, but it rounds off this quiz nicely. The 1967 centennial dollar notes had a centennial maple leaf design on the front, divided up into sections to represent the Provinces and Territories. What was on the back?
Source: Author Hermit007
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.