Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The face of this 1935 Canadian banknote features a portrait of a member of the Royal Family. Can you be Victorious and pick out which George was featured on the Canadian 1935 one dollar note?
2. The back of the 1935 issue Canadian two dollar note is blue in colour and features a transportation allegory. But who is the man (or god) standing in the middle of the bill? Look fast!
3. Prince Edward looks very dashing in his military uniform on the Canadian 1935 five dollar note. In January 1936, he became King Edward VIII. In that same year, he gave up the throne to marry a twice divorced American woman. What is her name?
4. The ten dollar 1935 Canadian note is the same colour as the later issues, including today's ten. What predominant colour is it?
5. The 1935 Canadian twenty dollar note features the portrait of a young child. Who was this young princess, who would become queen upon the death of her father King George VI?
6. This 1935 Canadian bank note is the only 25 dollar note ever printed by the Bank of Canada. It shows the portraits of King George V and Queen Mary side by side, celebrating the anniversary of King George V to the throne. But what anniversary was it?
7. The portrait on the 1935 Canadian fifty dollar note bears the image of the Duke of York, who would later become king when his brother abdicated the throne in 1936. What was the Duke of York's name?
8. The Canadian hundred dollar 1935 series note has an industry and commerce allegory on the back. It depicts a seated man, surrounded by a factories and a shipyard, showing a child a model that is held in his hands. What is he showing the child?
9. The Canadian 1935 five hundred dollar note has a portrait of Canada's first prime minister on the face. What was this gentleman's name?
10. The Canadian 1935 one thousand dollar note features Canada's seventh prime minister on the face. Besides being the first francophone prime minister, under his leadership the provinces of Alberta and Saskatchewan were formed. Who was this man?
Source: Author hermit007
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Leau
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.