Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Matowaka and Lady Rebecca were two names used by which famous Native American woman?
2. Which American frontiersman rescued his daughter Jemima and two other girls after they were kidnapped by members of the Shawnee tribe in 1776?
3. Christopher Jones was the captain of which famous ship?
4. Alice Young was the first person in America to be executed for what crime?
5. During the time referred to as The Great Awakening who, in 1740, gave the sermon entitled "The Danger of an Unconverted Ministry"?
6. For what reason was Thomas Hutchinson's mansion ransacked and burned down on August 26, 1765?
7. Wampage was a Native American chief who claimed to murder which person in 1643?
8. Of whom did Henry Clay say "I cannot believe that killing 2,500 Englishmen at New Orleans qualifies for the various, difficult, and complicated duties of the Chief Magistracy."?
9. What was the name of the man Andrew Jackson killed in a duel over a racehorse in 1806?
10. What is the name of the abolitionist who led a successful raid on Pottawatomie Creek and an unsuccessful raid at Harpers Ferry?
11. Dred Scott was 30 years old when he was sold to whom?
12. The slogan "Fifty-four, Forty or Fight" is often incorrectly attributed to which U.S. President?
13. What was the name of the Secretary of State who was killed by a gun malfunction on the USS Princeton in 1844?
14. Who was nicknamed "Pathfinder of the West"?
15. What member of the U.S. House of Representatives beat Senator Charles Sumner with a cane in 1856?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.