Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1948 a project was started with an unknown completion date. When complete it will be one of the largest sculpture in the United States. It was designed by whom?
2. Which actor was the recipient of the most medals during his military service?
3. Which famous journalist received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1964?
4. The first American Attorney General was appointed by President Washington in 1789. Who was he?
5. We all know of George Washington Carver and his position at Tuskegee University. At which college was his first faculty position?
6. The National Farm Workers Association, now known as the United Farm Workers, came into being in 1962. It was co-founded by Delores Huerta and who else?
7. In what year was Walt Disney inducted into the California Museum Hall of Fame?
8. In 1941 a senator from Missouri formed a committee to investigate military spending and by 1948 had saved the taxpayers 15 million dollars. The committee was known as what?
9. John Deere is famous for his invention of the steel plow and his many advancements in farming in general. What was his profession prior to farm equipment?
10. In 1795 a distillery called Old Tub began selling barrels of corn whiskey.This name stuck until the early 1940's. Johannes Boehm was the original owner but what is his distillery known as now?
Source: Author bonwil_
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.