Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. February 7th saw the National Football League's AFC Champion Indianapolis Colts pitted against the NFC Champion New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl XLIV. What was the final outcome?
2. The Winter Olympics were held in Vancouver, British Columbia, from February 14th to the 28th. The United States won the total medal count with 37 medals. Which country had the most gold medals?
3. The 2010 Ford World Women's Curling Championship was held in Saskatchewan, Canada, in the month of March. The finalists for the gold medal game were Scotland and Germany. The game had to go to an extra end to determine a winner.
4. The International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF) World Championships were held in Germany from May 7th until the 23rd. The gold medal game saw the Czech Republic win. Who did they beat?
5. While the hockey countries of the world were battling things out at in Germany, the UEFA Champions League had their championship football (soccer) match on May 22nd. What Italian club took the glory for the 3rd time in their franchise history?
6. The National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks faced off against the Philadelphia Flyers for a best-of-7 Stanley Cup Finals at the end of May and into June. The Blackhawks won it in 6 games, taking the cup home for the first time since what year?
7. One week after the Stanley Cup Finals wrapped up, the National Basketball Association's Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics played the seventh and deciding game in a hard fought series. The LA Lakers defeated the Celtics by what margin in that game?
8. The month-long FIFA World Cup of Soccer tournament comes once every four years. Host nation South Africa put on a good show, and it all culminated in a showdown between Euro 2008 Champs Spain and the Netherlands. Spain continued their winning ways, taking the coveted World Cup with a 1-0 victory after extra time. What city hosted the final match?
9. England hosted the women's Rugby World Cup from August 20th until September 5th. Twelve countries participated with the victors defeating the host England by a score of 13-10. Who won the cup?
10. The end of October saw Major League Baseball's World Series in 2010. It was a match-up between the AL Champion Texas Rangers and the NL Champion San Francisco Giants. How many games were needed to decide the best-of-seven championship series?
Source: Author reedy
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.