Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Commonwealth Games of 2022 were originally due to take place in which South African city?
2. Which existing stadium was upgraded to host the athletics events as well as the opening and closing ceremonies?
3. One of the highlights of the opening ceremony was a ten-metre high mechanical version of what animal, synonymous with the city of Birmingham?
4. Not all the sports took place in Birmingham itself. Which one of these Midlands towns or cities did NOT host any of the events?
5. Which country or territory won their first-ever Commonwealth Games medal when Duken Tutakitoa-Williams took bronze in the men's heavyweight boxing competition?
6. Which island won their first Commonwealth medal in 28 years when Lucy Beere won a silver medal in lawn bowls?
7. Eilish McColgan of Scotland followed in the footsteps of her mother Liz by winning Commonweath gold in which athletics event?
8. Cricket returned to the Commonwealth Games for the first time since 1998, with the Twenty20 format being used. Australia won the women's gold medal, but which country won the men's event?
9. Which country finished the games on top of the medal table?
10. The 2022 Commonwealth Games ended on August 8th with a spectacular closing ceremony. Which legendary music star brought down the curtain on proceedings with the final act of the night?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.