Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Day 1: I enter a plane departing from Charles de Gaulle airport off to the city of London. Here I visit one of my good tower friends to share a jolly nice cup of tea with. He is on the clock, so I might have to cut my visit short a bit. Who is the friend that I have scheduled my first visit with?"
2. "Day 4: After a few nice days in England, I take another plane, this time to Lisbon in Portugal. One of my good friends resides here. He can be a bit full of himself, being protected by UNESCO and all, since he was so important for Portugal in the age of discoveries. He is quite charming otherwise. Who is the very strong character I visit next?"
3. "Day 7: I am off to Italy, to the lovely town of Pisa, where one of my dear friends resides. He simply is the Tower of Pisa, but he is so well known under a different name. How does one call my friend, that is holding up so well under the circumstances?
4. "Day 11: My next plane flight takes me to Istanbul to visit one of my stony, but charming friends. He is somewhat medieval in his ways, but has so much to offer from his location near the Golden Horn. Who is my friend, that is such a dominant feature of his city?"
5. "Day 14: I have spent some lovely days already in very diverse cities. Now I am on my way to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Here I am to meet one of my truly magnificent friends, risen to such great heights at such a young age. And the sky is certainly not the limit for him. Who is this social climber from downtown Dubai?"
6. "Day 17: I see so much of the world. Journey number six takes me to Iraq to visit one of my dear islamic friends in the city of Samarra. He is a minaret, a tower forming part of a mosque. He is called the Malwiya Minaret, but is also known under another name. What is this name?"
7. "Day 21: I am thrilled to be traveling onwards to China this time. I find myself in the city of Guangzhou, where one of my very observant friends is located. Previously he was named the Guangzhou TV and Sightseeing Tower. What name was my tower friend given in 2010?"
8. "Day 24: I am very excited today. I will not be visiting one friend this time, but two. They are fortunately close together and look exactly alike. My trip will take me to Malaysia next. Which tower friends am I looking up?"
9. "Day 27: I find myself visiting the United States as part of the last leg of my journey, that takes me to North America. First off is a stop in the city of Chicago, where a dear friend of mine resides. Still a very young one dating from 1973, he has changed names already. Still many people call him the Sears Tower. But what is his name from 2009 on?"
10. "Day 30: I do so miss the many tourists coming to visit me in Paris. But I can't go back yet, since I still very much want to vist a dear Canadian friend, standing so proud in Toronto. Completed in 1976, he is one of the younger generation and was the tallest building at the time. Who is the last tower friend that I grace with a visit?"
Source: Author James25
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.