Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Look at this thing. Don't let its height intimidate you- I hear this one's a real softy. In 2007, it surpassed the height of the then-tallest structure in the world and in 2010, it opened in Dubai, UAE. What's the name of this structure?
2. What's this thing all about? Look at it, showing off its elevators, spinning like a top at the top. Toronto's been suffering for decades with this pointy thing on its skyline. What's its name?
3. Sigh...not another of these things. Topping off at over half a kilometer, what is the name of this Taiwanese building which seems to think it's 'all that and more' by being so high and mighty?
4. Seriously? Couldn't be satisfied with one tower, so now we have two. That's great. Malaysia made double trouble with these two tall buildings in 1998, but what is their name?
5. As soon as King Kong tried to climb this building, people shot him down! I guess some people can't be expected to change; this skyscraper will always be important to the New York City skyline, but what is its name?
6. Why does anyone need such a tall tower in the desert? This Vegas tower is more of a glorified amusement park than a tower. What is the name of this Sin City location?
7. Look at that giant bottle-opener! You can't even find a bottle big enough to use it with! It's no wonder the Chinese are using it for commerce instead. What's the name of this structure which opened in 2008?
8. What the...? I don't even know what the people in Macau were thinking this time around. Finished in 2008, this building, a world renowned hotel, opened for business at a height of 261m. What is its name?
9. A pyramid not found in Egypt? This unnecessarily out-of-place and (dare I say) high and mighty structure is taking up space in North Korea. What is its name?
10. This eclipsing creation was in the list of the top five tallest skyscrapers for decades, in fact it was the tallest until 1998. Found in Chicago, what is this building?
Source: Author kyleisalive
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.