Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Come with me to the ranch. The first horse we meet is mine, TJ. TJ is a very tall horse and he overreaches when turned out in the arena to exercise. What do I dress him in so he doesn't hurt his front feet with his rear feet?
2. TJ is an Appendix Quarter Horse. What is this?
3. Hey, there's Mia. She lives a couple of stalls down from TJ. Mia is a 32 year old Appaloosa mare. She has a beautiful leopard coat pattern, but recently her coat has grown very long and she doesn't shed out like the other horses. She also drinks more water than is normal. What disease does she have that sometimes affects older horses?
4. There's Powder. He's a Shetland pony and about as cute as can be, even when he's covered in flies. Flies are an inevitable part of the horse world, but can be controlled in many ways. Which of these is a commonly used form of fly control?
5. Lily lives next door to Powder. She is a mustang. What organization oversees the management of mustangs in the USA?
6. Let's head over to the next barn. Here we find three Andalusian mares. These are beautiful grey horses with a very distinctive carriage. Their owner considers them equine royalty, so we gave them nicknames: Lite Brite, Easy Bake and Etch-a-Scetch. Where did the Andalusian breed originate?
7. I owned an Appaloosa mare a few years ago, and bred her to a Paint stallion. What did I make?
8. The horses in Arizona can eat too much sand, especially if fed off the ground. I feed TJ and Lucky psyllium for a week each month. What good does that do?
9. Rosie is in the turnout. She is a yearling Appaloosa filly. She doesn't look well. Her coat is dull, her belly is swollen and she is thin along her topline.
What is Rosie suffering from?
10. The last horse on today's tour is Edna. Poor old Edna, she got into some feed that was too rich for her system, and is lame. Her hooves were warmer than normal. What is wrong with Edna?
Source: Author Liz5050
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.