Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I'm a very popular dog in the United States. I don't have a strong odor and I don't drool. I was the dog in the White House when Lyndon B. Johnson was President. You'll recognize me by my 13" or 15" height and tri-colored markings of black, tan, and white.
2. I have a hard-to-pronounce, French name that tells you where I'm from and means "small, low to the ground, with a rough coat."
3. I have an area of hair that grows in a different direction. Although I have modest speed compared to other Hounds, I'm very athletic. In fact, in my native Africa I'm known as a "lion hunter."
4. I am the largest and tallest breed in the Hound group. As a puppy, don't be surprised if I weigh 100 pounds!
5. Going moose hunting? I'm great at hunting large animals. My endurance is legendary and I can handle any type of terrain and weather! I also have a curly tail.
6. I'm the only breed to be mentioned by name in the Bible. You'll see pictures of me in Egyptian tombs.
7. I'm similar in color to the Beagle; however, at 19-21" I'm considerably taller. I'm a scent hound as well.
8. I am eager to please, intelligent, and loyal. A native of Germany, I'm great at finding wounded animals even when the scent is a week old.
9. Just call me "Curly," it fits my tail just great! I'm a short-haired Hound and a native of Africa. Although I'm not mute, you shouldn't hear me bark!
10. I have a tendency to have a Roman nose; despite this I'm a very dignified dog! My weight can reach as high as 105 pounds if I'm a boy; or around 85 for a girl.
Source: Author sunflower822
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.