Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What bird is NOT mostly red in color?
2. The moniker "timber wolf" is a popular nickname. What is this wild canine's actual species name?
3. Often mistaken for a bee, the yellowjacket of North America is actually what kind of insect?
4. Hippos ooze a reddish-orange liquid out of their skin. It helps protect them from the sun. What other wonderful benefit, which might be of benefit to humans in the future, does it have?
5. Sir Henry Stanley, years before his search for Dr. Livingstone, set out to search for the animal called "The African Unicorn". Instead it turned out to be a forest creature related to the giraffe. What was it?
6. The ten heaviest living animals are all members of the same order. What is the name for this order that is derived from a Latin word meaning 'large sea animal'?
7. The tree lobster, a species of giant stick insect, was considered extinct until 24 individuals were found on Ball's Pyramid. Ball's Pyramid is an island belonging to which country?
8. In the 1958 movie "Monster on the Campus," the blood of a coelacanth turns a college professor into a crazed homicidal caveman. What is a coelacanth?
9. A hen generally lays the biggest eggs when she is in which stage of life?
10. Native to the eastern United States, what is a mudpuppy?
Source: Author FTBot
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.