Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Hamsters were named from the German word "hamstern" which means:
2. The natural habitat of the Golden hamster is:
3. Hamsters are primarily which of these?
4. Hamsters have glands for marking their territory - they are located on each side of their hips.
5. How many species of hamster are there in the sub family of Cricetinae?
6. All hamsters have no tail - true or false?
7. Hamsters were unknown until the 19th century.
8. In what country were hamsters first discovered?
9. Hamsters are shortsighted.
10. Hamsters are used as laboratory animals - true or false?
11. What is the general lifespan of a hamster?
12. Golden, or Syrian, hamsters must be caged alone.
13. What is the severe bacterial hamster ailment?
14. Should you give your hamster a bath in a bowl of water?
15. Hamsters are especially prone to:
16. To avoid stressing a hamster her cage must be:
17. Hamsters are vegetarians - true or false?
18. Hamsters reach sexual maturity at around 4 weeks.
19. How often does the female hamster go in heat?
20. How long is the gestation period of a female Syrian hamster?
Source: Author morpion1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.