Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Of the following species, which is NOT one of the five most commonly kept pet hamsters?
2. The most commonly kept hamster is the Syrian hamster. What else is it sometimes known as?
3. Originally found in the Middle East, this hamster is one of the few that does not have cheek pouches. What is it called?
4. The dwarf winter white Russian hamster changes colors during the winter time, donning its white winter coat. Typically, will these hamsters breed when they are sporting this color of fur?
5. Which of the following could be used to describe the Chinese hamster as a pet?
6. Which is the smallest of the most commonly kept hamsters?
7. Only two of the five species of hamsters most commonly kept as pets can interbreed successfully.
8. All of the five main species of hamsters should be caged alone, as to put them in with other hamsters is to invite a fight.
9. Both species of dwarf Russian hamsters are referred to as Djungarian hamsters, the dwarf winter whites by the Russians, and the dwarf Campbells by American scientists. Why are both of these inaccurate?
10. Being similar in size to a guinea pig, what is the largest of the hamster species?
Source: Author efvie
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.