Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. You take your seat at the first table and meet an animal with enormous jaws relative to his body size. He tells you that he is a real high-flyer and that he puts a lot of effort into finding the right girl. However, he is known for his violence towards both his rivals and his mates. Upon hearing this, you hold out your paw to shake his hand before leaving swiftly.
Thinking back to that poor start, you try and remember the name of that "creepy" chap who will surely be going home alone. You know that he shared his name with a famous scientist, but which one?
2. Now onto your second table, you despair as the organisers wheel in a tank containing a huge saltwater crocodile. However, you are pleasantly surprised at his gentleness and "cute" courtship displays. Despite this, you decide that you are looking for a partner who, like yourself, is soft and furry, or at least lives on land!
Which of these "cute" courtship displays did the croc probably perform during this meeting?
3. As your next partner approaches, you notice several differences between the two of you - he walks on two legs, you walk on four, not to mention that you are about 30 times heavier than he is! Nonetheless, it was an entertaining 5-minute meeting as you enjoyed his dancing and were impressed by his stunningly coloured feet.
Which type of bird have you just met?
4. Optimistic that your soul-mate is right around the corner, you progress to table four. Unfortunately, you can tell from this next chap that he is a right big head! Indeed, as you arrive he tries to make his head even bigger by forcing bubbles of air into it. This is a stalk-eyed fly.
You try to move away from this vain display by talking about your home back in the Himalayan Mountains. When you ask your partner where he comes from, what answer is he most likely to give?
5. Straight away, you can tell that your next partner is a colourful character and are impressed with the displays on this cephalopod's skin. However, you are a bit confused as to the way this creature is acting - although male, he is pretending to be female. He tells you that he is only doing this to escape being attacked by nearby rival males of his species who are much larger. You are able to sympathise with this animal as you are a relatively small member of your own "family".
Which creature have you just met?
6. You are now at table six and you are delighted to be seated with a very gentle looking old man - surely he must be in the wrong place. However, the mating ritual of this animal isn't "gentle" at all! The huge male at table six stretches out his wrinkly neck and begins to bite your arms and legs. You would yell out in pain, but you are incapable of making such a sound and so you just up and leave!
Which animal have you just left?
7. As you *drift* over to table seven, you *spot* your next partner. It is clear that this one isn't going to end in success, not because this animal is renowned for being one of the ugliest in the animal kingdom, but because his ex-girlfriend is present. You can't really blame him for bringing her, as he is physically fused to her. In fact, all that remains of him now is a pair of gonads!
Which species of fish displays this incredible example of male-female relationship?
8. Nearing the end of your night, you come to meet your next partner - the red-sided garter snake. Despite his sliminess, you actually get on quite well, as both of you come from snowy areas in the world. However, there is something peculiar about the habits of this snake when it comes to mating.
What is this strange habit most likely to be?
9. At the ninth and final table you begin to think that things are on the up. This tall and handsome creature is beautifully patterned and is distinguished as a record holder within the animal kingdom. However, things become sour after he asks if he can drink some of your urine to see if you are suitable. This comes as a shock to you as you are very shy and secretive, as you have been since you were a cub.
Which animal have you just met?
10. Although not providing you with your perfect mate, this quiz has given some subtle (and some not so subtle) hints as to YOUR identity. What animal are you?
Source: Author doublemm
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.