Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Many modern ungulates can be quickly divided into two orders represented by a distinct difference.
2. Even-toed ungulates (Artiodactyla) is a broad group of mammal with the common trait of an even number of toes on each paw/hoof. Which of these animals would not pass muster as an even-toed ungulate?
3. Which of these other animals is an even-toed ungulate, and does not belong with the odd-toed ungulates?
4. Proboscidea is an order of ungulates with only one family. They are the largest of the ungulates. What do we call a member of this family?
5. Sirenia is a small order with only four living species. Three of them are manatees and the other is the dugong. What is a collective nickname for them?
6. Hyracoidea is a small ungulate order containing only 4 living members. They are native to Africa and the Middle East. What do you call a member of the Hyracoidea order?
7. The smallest order of ungulates is Tubulidentata. It contains only one living species, the aardvark. Which of these is NOT a common nickname for the aardvark?
8. Recent research shows that Artiodactylae (even-toed ungulates) are directly related to an unlikely family of animals. This is a big thing. Can you name the unlikely relatives?
9. When you look at the groups of ungulates called even-toed and odd-toed, you see one word tattooed on many of them...Food. Being a fast runner is a great defense against becoming lunch. Which ungulate is second fastest land animal?
10. Which of the following is a major human use of ungulates?
Source: Author tuzilla
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.