Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which insect has shown the ability to detect concealed explosives as well as being able to indicate the presence of dry rot fungus in buildings?
2. The United States Navy used which animal in the Gulf War of 2003 to locate mines in the Persian Gulf?
3. Which medal is awarded in UK to an animal that displays "conspicuous gallantry or devotion to duty while serving or associated with any branch of the Armed Forces or Civil Defence Units"?
4. Staff Sergeant Reckless, a member of the U.S. Marine Corps served with incredible bravery during the Korean War and received two Purple Heart decorations. What was Staff Sergeant Reckless?
5. In the 1970s, several countries, including the UK, Canada and Israel, experimented with using which animal to detect terrorists at airports?
6. In 1942, President Roosevelt gave the go ahead to start testing with which animal as a carrier of incendiary devices?
7. As documented by Pliny the Elder and Polyaenus, which animal was used in ancient Rome to combat war elephants?
8. Which animal was used during WWI to help soldiers read maps at night?
9. Who was the famed U.S. Army sergeant that participated in 17 battles on the Western Front during WWI and in 2018 had an animated film made about his life?
10. Which animal was used by U.S. military during Operation Desert Storm to warn of a biological weapon attack?
Source: Author 480154st
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.